Sunday, December 21, 2008

KRVM's Breakfast With The Blues Play List Sunday 12-21-08

Themes...started with 5 William Clarke tunes...did an Al Green set, with all five tunes written by Al...did a Beyonce (yes, Beyonce) Etta James set off of seeing Cadillac Records yesterday...I liked it!! Did a set of Blues Music Award nominees for the Best New Debut...we were missing the HomeMade Jamz Blues band. I will be doing a 6 1/2 hour show on Christmas Day!!! Played 59 tunes.

* Indicates performing in the area soon.
% Indicates a requested song.
+ Indicates new to the station within the last five months.

ARTIST-------SONG-------ALBUM
William Clarke-Must Be Jelly-Blowin' Like Hell
William Clarke-My Mind Is Working Overtime-The Hard Way
William Clarke-Saturday Night Blues-Groove Time
William Clarke-Moten Swing-Blowin' Like Hell
+William Clarke-Educated Fool-One More Again!
Helen Humes-Million Dollar Secret-Songs I Like To Sing
Julia Lee-Come On Over To My House-A Proper Introduction To Julia Lee:That's What I Like
Nellie Lutcher-Kinda Blue And Low-The Best Of
Esther Phillips-Misery-I Paid My Dues
Nina Simone-I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl-HOB:Essential Women In Blues
Dinah Washington-All Or Nothing-Low Down Blues
Ruth Brown-5-10-15 Hours-A Proper Introduction To Ruth Brown:Teardrops In Your Eyes
Billie Holiday-I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm-Lady Day:The Master Takes And Singles
Billie Holiday-Am I blues-Lady Day:The Master Takes And Singles
Larry Garner-The Road Of Life-Baton Rouge
Raful Neal-Blues On The Moon-HOB:Essential Blues Harmonica
Tab Benoit-Night Train-Night Train To Nashville
+Roxy Perry-Goodbye Honey-In My Sweet Time
+Danny Caron/Barbara Morrison-Promised Land-How Sweet It Is
Debbie Davies-I Like The Life-Loose Tonight
Lloyd Jones-Treat Me Like The Dog I Am-Love Gotcha
David Vest-Too Old And Crazy-Way Down Here
Duffy Bishop-Evil-Bottled Oddities
Henry Cooper-Automatic Trouble-Bay Please
+Robin Rogers-Dark Love-Treat Me Right
Sean Carney/Willie Pooch-Tramp-Life Of Ease
Steve Guyger-Lookie Here-Radio Blues
+Deborah Coleman-I Got To Know-Stop The Game
Deanna Bogart-I'd Rather Be Sad In Las Vegas-Timing Is Everything
WC Clark-I'm Hooked On You-Lover's Plea
+Michael Jerome Browne-I'm A Ram-Drive On
+Raphael Wressing/Alex Schultz-Let's Stay Together
+Curtis Salgado-Let's Get Married-Clean Getaway
+Al Green-Standing In The Rain-Lay It Down
Etta James-Something's Got A Hold Of me-Her Best
+Beyonce-Trust In Me-Cadillac Records
Etta James-I'd Rather Go Blind-her Best
+Beyonce-All I Could Do Was Cry-Cadillac Records
Lou Ann Barton-Mean Mean Man-Read My Lips
*Bill Rhoades & The Party Kings-Temperature 110
Thorbjorn Risager-Love Turned Cold-From The Heart
Tommy Castro-Can't Quit The Blues-Exception To The Rule
+Karen Lovely-It's Too Late-Lucky Girl
+*Janiva Magness-I Want A Love-What Love Will Do
+Deb Callahan-Carry Me-Grace And Grit
Delta Highway-Devil Had A Woman-Devil Had A Woman
+Cedric Burnside/Lightnin' Malcolm-Mad Man Blues-2 Man Wrecking Crew
+Chris James/Patrick Rynn-My Kind Of Woman-Stop And Think About It
+Eden Brent-Darkness On The Delta-Mississippi Number One
+Karen Lovely-Tell Me Baby-Lucky Girl
+Kenny Neal-Bleeding Heart-Let Life Flow
+Dr Wu & Friends-Come Back Baby-Texas Blues Project
Shane Dwight Blues Band-Hot Little Mama-Come See Me
Charles Brown/Bonnie Raitt-Merry Christmas Baby-A Very Special Christmas 2
+David Egan-Smile-You Don't Know Your Mind
+Charles Burton Blues Band-Love That Guitar-Everybody's Talkin'
+BB King-How Mnay More Years-One Kind Favor
Susan Tedeschi/Derek Trucks-Baby You're Right-Joyful Noise
Susan Tedeschi-True-Back to The River

We now have links to all seven BWTB DJs play lists. The links are on both the BWTB web site and the BWTB MySpace page and from mine you can access all the rest. I report to Living Blues and Roots Music Report.
http://boogiekingsteveplaylist.blogspot.com/

The Sunday BWTB show is broadcast by KRVM (Eugene, Oregon USA) from 7 AM until 11 AM. KRVM has BWTB every day of the week for a total of 20 hours of blues programming. Our triple-A (8 AM 5 PM) format now features about one blues song an hour. I am also a member of the Rainy Day Blues Society. Links below. Stop by and check it out.

Our internet stream remains off. We seem to be in Never-Neverland with this right now!!

Constructive criticism accepted. Suggestions accepted. Compliments very much accepted! ;-)
http://home.comcast.net/~boogiekingsteve/
http://www.krvm.org/
http://www.rainydayblues.org/
http://www.myspace.com/boogieking
http://www.myspace.com/rainydaybluessociety
http://www.myspace.com/blueswomenradio
http://www.myspace.com/breakfastwiththeblues

Any CDs that you wish to submit may be mailed to
KRVM
Breakfast With Blues
1574 Coburg Rd - PMB 237
Eugene, OR 97401
USA

No comments: