Monday, January 10, 2011

KRVM's Breakfast With The Blues Play List Sunday 1-9-2011

Themes...Women In Blues...all women...almost all blues...Joanne Broh co-hosting with me...Joanne selecting about 65% of the tunes...there is never enough time to get in all that should be in the mix...this was about the #9 or #10 Women In Blues show I have done...I always enjoy doing this! Played 53 tunes.

KRVM's Breakfast With The Blues is on Facebook with a fan page...if you are on FB...look us up and become a fan!! Ahhh...the power of Facebook!! Try it you will like it!! You may want to check out the Unofficial web page of BWTB...a million billion pictures!! http://home.comcast.net/~boogiekingsteve/


WE STREAM!!
http://www.krvm.org/
Hit that Listen On Line button and follow the directions! Be sure to select the right stream...not all of them will work on your computer.

* Indicates performing in the area soon.
+ Indicates new to the station within the last five months.

ARTIST-------SONG-------ALBUM
Sunday 1-9-2011
Shaun Murphy-That's A pretty Good Love-Livin' the Blues
Phoebe Snow/Holmes Brothers-Beams Of Heaven-Shout Sister Shout
Kathy Walker Band-Big Picture-Kathy Walker band
Stacia Petrie/Motor City Women-Right Here, Right Now-Ready
Francine Reed/Delbert McClinton-You Bug me-Can't Make It On My Own
Eva Cassidy/Chuck Brown-God Bless The Child-The Other Side
Billie Holiday-My Man-Lady Day:The Best Of Billie holiday
Helen Humes-They Raided the Joint-Today I Sing The Blues
Ann Peebles-Come To Mama-Complete Ann Peebles on Hi Records
+Sabrina Weeks & The Swing Cat Bounce-Boogie Downtown-Tales From Lenny's Diner
Fiona Boyes-Woman Ain't A Mule-Blues Women
Mia Vermillion-Copyright Your Kisses-Alone Together With The Blues
Ruthie Foster-Truth-The Truth According To Ruthie Foster
Catherine Russell-Kitchen Man-Sentimental Streak
Debbie Davies/James Cotton-Chicago Line-Key To Love
Joanne Shaw Taylor-Blackest Day-White Sugar
Melanie-Hard Rain-Freedom Knows My Name
Donna Greene & The Roadhouse Daddies-Same Old Blues-A Girl's Gotta Have A Little Pleasure
Marcia Ball-I Want A Tall Skinny Papa-Shout Sister Shout
Memphis Minnie/Kansas City Joe-Don't Want No Woman I Have To Give My Money To-Memphis Minnie
Sister Rosetta Tharpe-Trouble In Mind-HOB:Essential Women In Blues
Ma Rainey-Daddy Goodbye Blues-Blues Masters Volume Eleven
Bessie Smith-Do Your Duty-HOB:Essential Women In Blues
Alice Stuart-Rather Be The Devil-Blues Guitar Women
Cheryl Lescom/Motor City Women-Did He Mention My Name-Ready
Angela Strehli-Thats All-Shout Sister Shout
Maria Muldaur-Up The Country Blues-Naughty Bawdy And Blue
Carolyn Wonderland-Walk On-Miss Understood
+Informants-Salvation-Crime Scene Queen
+*Broh Taylor Band-Make It My Business-Whose Shoes
Margo Tufo-747-Live At the Candlelight
Deb Cleveland Band-Out Of Sight-Live! All Night Long
Marilyn Keller/Don Latarski-Broken Dreams-Deep Play
Cher & The B-Siders-Better-Money's Honey
Etta James-Don't Let My baby Ride-Matriarch of The Blues
Shemekia Copeland-Livin' On Love-Talking To Strangers
Bettye Lavette-Little Sparrow-My Own Hell To Raise
Koko Taylor-That's Why I'm Crying-Alligator 20th Anniversary
Katie Webster/Stevie Ray Vaughan-On the Run-Solos Sessions And Encores
Carol Fran-I Need To Be Be'd With You-Soul Sensation
Mollie O'Brien-In My Girlish Days-Big Red Sun
Janiva Magness-Stealin' Sugar-Do I Move You
+Robin Rogers-Seconds Time Around-Back In The Fire
Barbara Healy-Beautiful-Mama Told Me Not To Look
Ellen Whyte-Take It back-Portland's Genuine Blues
Duffy Bishop-Take Me Down-Bottled Oddities
Bonnie Raitt/Habib Koite-Back Around-Putomayo Present The Blues Around The World
+Chrissie O'Dell & Hot Mess-Nuthin' To Lose-If I Had A Dime
Lou Ann Barton-One Good Man-HOB:Janis Joplin
Big Mama Thornton-Ball N Chain-Ball N Chain
Big Maybelle-Blues Early Early-Candy
Karen Lovely-Bumblebee-Unreleased material
Deborah Coleman-I'm A Woman-Soft Place To Fall


My play list blog is here with a bunch of pictures to go along with it. I report to Living Blues.
http://boogiekingsteveplaylist.blogspot.com/

The Sunday BWTB show is broadcast by KRVM (Eugene, Oregon USA) from 7 AM until 11 AM. KRVM has BWTB every day of the week for a total of 20 hours of blues programming. Our triple-A (8 AM 5 PM) format now features about one blues song an hour. I am also a member of the Rainy Day Blues Society. Links below. Stop by and check it out.

Constructive criticism accepted. Suggestions accepted. Compliments very much accepted! ;-)
http://home.comcast.net/~boogiekingsteve/
http://www.krvm.org/


Any CDs that you wish to submit may be mailed to
KRVM
Breakfast With Blues
1574 Coburg Rd - PMB 237
Eugene, OR 97401
USA

No comments: