Monday, January 6, 2014

Breakfast With The Blues Play List Sunday January 5th, 2014

Themes…played a whole host of Pacific Northwest artists…and I missed a ton of them…a nod towards a show coming to town…Mark Hummel’s Harmonica Blowout…a little mandolin and banjo blues wound into a couple of sets an Elvis Presley set in honor of his birthday and a song by John Ginty about Elvis!  Played 82 tunes!


KRVM's Breakfast With The Blues is on Facebook with a fan page…I am connected to Facebook during the show...if you are on FB...look us up and become a fan!! Ahhh...the power of Facebook!! Try it you will like it!!  http://www.facebook.com/pages/KRVMs-Breakfast-With-The-Blues/59061506607


* Indicates performing in the area soon.
+ Indicates new to the station within the last five months.
Breakfast With The Blues
Blues…It’s What’s For Breakfast

ARTIST-------SONG-------ALBUM

Sunday January 5th, 2013

1.       The Vipers/Eagle Park Slim-Deep Down In Florida-Good Times-Live
2.       Ruff Kutt Blues Band-That’s When The Blues Begin-That’s When the Blues Begin
3.       Lynwood Slim & The Igor Prado Band-The Comeback-Limited Special Edition
4.       Down Home Super Trio-Just Don’t Care-In The House: Live At Lucerne
5.       +Chris Bevington & Friends-Heart Of Blues-Chris Bevington & Friends
6.       Ruff Kutt Blues Band-Blues In My Blood-That’s When The Blues Begins
7.       +The Strange Tones-My Man-At Home With The Strange Tones
8.       +Ellie Lee & The Blues Fury-Queen Of Misery (I’m Lady Blue)-Day Late Dollar Short
9.       +Adrianna Moore & Her Groovecutters-Cherry Wine-Double Crossing Blues
10.   +Mark Cook-Mandolin Boogie-Backwoods Chaos
11.   +Fran Bey & Anthony Paule Band-Don’t Mess With The Monkey-Soul For Your Blues
12.   +Deb Ryder-Come On Home To Me-Might Just Get Lucky
13.   +Dan Treanor’s Afrosippi Band-Wang Dang Doodle-Tangled Road Again
14.   Taj Mahal-Slow Drag-Maestro
15.   Otis Taylor/Alvin Youngblood Hart-Prophet’s Mission-Recapturing The Banjo
16.   Liz Mandeville-Mama & Daddy Blues-Clarksdale
17.   Kelly Joe Phelps-Handful Of Arrows-Tunesmith Retrofit
18.   John Sebastian/Rory Block/Annie Raines/Paul Rishell-Goin’ To German-I Want My Roots
19.   Fiona Boyes-Nickels & Dimes-Blues For Hard Times
20.   Keb Mo-Hole In The Bucket-Live & Mo
21.   Phoebe Snow-In My Girlish Days-First Came Memphis Minnie
22.   Ana Popovic-Navajo Moon-Blues Guitar Women
23.   Sue Foley-Sugar-New used Car
24.   Catherine Denise-Me And My Guitar-Treat Me Like A Lady
25.   Deborah Coleman-Something’s Wrong-I Can’t Lose
26.   Jay McShann-Confessin’ The Blues-Last Of The Blue Devils
27.   Big Joe Turner-Last Goodbye Blues-I’ve Been To Kansas City
28.   Louis Jordan-Somebody Done Changed The Locks On My Door-Best Of Louis Jordan
29.   *James Harman-Goatman Holler-Strictly Live…In ‘85
30.   *Little Charlie & The Nightcats-Tomorrow Night-Captured Live
31.   *Mark Hummel-I Got To Go-Remembering Little Walter
32.   Albert Collins-I’m Beginning To Wonder-Iceman
33.   Debbie Davies-I Wonder Why (You’re So Mean To Me)-Picture This
34.   Coco Montoya-Too Much Water-The Essential Coco Montoya
35.   Francine Reed-Been There Done That-Can’t Make It On My Own
36.   +Trudy Lynn-Country Man Blues-Royal Oaks Café
37.   +Niecie-Traffic Light-Wanted Woman
38.   +Ursula Ricks-My Street-My Street
39.   Lurrie Bell-I Feel So Good-Blues In My Soul
40.   Carey Bell-Lonesome Stranger-Deep Down
41.   Buddy Guy/Beth Hart-What You Gonna Do About Me-Rhythm & Blues
42.   Etta James-I’d Rather Go Blind-Her Best
43.   Bettye Lavette-They Call It Love-The Scene Of The Crime
44.   Ruth Brown-5-10-15 Hours-A Proper Introduction
45.   Dinah Washington-“Tain’t Nobody’s Biz-ness-Dinah Sings Fats Waller
46.   +Tinsley Ellis-See No Harm-Midnight Blue
47.   +Bob Lanza Band-Maudie-“Til The Pain Is Gone
48.   +Tommy Castro & The Painkillers/Marcia Ball-Mojo Hannah-The Devil You Know
49.   Trampled Under Foot-Home To You-Badlands
50.   Teresa James & The Rhythm Tramps-Long Way From Texas-Come On Home
51.   Vala Cupp-Six Eggs & A Pint Of Vodka-One Thing On My Mind
52.   Janiva Magness-A Man Sized Job-Do I Move You
53.   Michael Osborn & The Drivers-Little Susanne-Glamorous Life
54.   Bill Rhoades & The Party Kings-Cindy Ann-Voodoo Lovin’
55.   David Vest-Runnin’ Partner-Rock A While
56.   Paul DeLay-Just This One-Take It From The Turnaround
57.   Rae Gordon-Find Me When The Sun Goes Down-Blue Lemonade
58.   Curtis Salgado-She Didn’t Cut Me Loose-Soul Shot
59.   Lloyd Jones-Key To The Highway-Highway Bound
60.   Karen Lovely-Older Fool-Still the Rain
61.   Henry Cooper-Unsteady-The Gin Years
62.   Joanne Broh Band With Jerry Zybach-Sad Ol’ Heart-Unreleased
63.   Lisa Mann-Have I Told You That I Love You Today-Satisfied
64.   Kevin Selfe-Too Much Voodoo-Long Walk Home
65.   Mitch Kashmar & The Pontiax-100 Miles To Go-100 Miles To Go
66.   Broadway Phil & The Shouters-Finger Poppin’ Time-Home
67.   Hank Shreve Band-Mercury Blues-I’ve Had It
68.   Deb Cleveland & Barbara Healy-Mama Told Me Not Too Look-Share The Love
69.   +Charlie Musselwhite-Strange Land-Juke Joint Chapel
70.   Bacon Fat/Rod Piazza-Help Me-The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions
71.   John Nemeth-Mother In Law-Blues Live
72.   Billie Holiday-Rocky Mountain Blues-Ladies Sing The Blues
73.   Anita O’Day-Ain’t Misbehavin’-Ladies Sing The Blues
74.   Helen Humes-Airplane Blues-1948-1950
75.   Esther Phillips-Aged And Mellow Blues-I Paid My Dues
76.   Billie Holiday-Long Gone Blues-Ladies Sing The Blues
77.   Elvis Presley-Reconsider Baby-Elvis Presley Collection
78.   Elvis Presley-My Babe-Cadillac Records
79.   Elvis Presley-My Baby Left Me-Elvis Presley Collection
80.   +John Ginty/Albert Castiglia-Elvis Presley-Bad News Travels
81.   Koko Taylor-I’m A Woman-The Earthshaker
82.   Koko Taylor-I Got What It Takes-I Got What It Takes



My play list blog is here with a bunch of pictures to go along with it.
http://boogiekingsteveplaylist.blogspot.com/

The Sunday BWTB show is broadcast by KRVM (Eugene, Oregon USA) from 6 AM until 11 AM. KRVM has BWTB every day of the week for a total of 23+ hours of blues programming. Our triple-A (8 AM 5 PM) format now features about one blues song an hour. Links below. Stop by and check it out.

Constructive criticism accepted. Suggestions accepted. Compliments very much accepted! ;-)
http://www.krvm.org/


Any CDs that you wish to submit may be mailed to
KRVM
Breakfast With Blues
1574 Coburg Rd - PMB 237
Eugene, OR 97401
USA

No comments: